A New Benchmark in Anchor Design Software
AFOS®: Software for Anchor Design with Both Elastic and Rigid Base Plate
The structural engineering and building industries are constantly challenged to meet the demands for design and safety in Australia. AFOS® is a powerful yet simple to use anchor design software developed in accordance with the National Construction Code (NCC).
Accurately design, analyse and report following strict AS 5216:2021 compliance and ETA certification using a range of screw-anchors, expansion anchors, wedge anchors and chemical anchors with this easy to use anchor design software.
Using a simple interface – input data and results are displayed on the same screen.
We’re Here, for Engineers
Allfasteners understand the needs of structural engineers. We understand the complex design required when specifying anchors and being able to deliver accurate results. That’s why we have released AFOS® anchor design software for free.
A Very Capable Anchor Design Software
- Design with Elastic Base Plate, using a practical base plate thickness generating realistic results
- 3D Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Prying Loading is considered
- If designing with a rigid base plate assumption, AFOS® anchor design software can calculate the base plate thickness for this assumption to be valid.
- Complex custom base plate shapes, and anchor arrangements
- Various structural profiles including stiffener plates
- 100 year design life calculation for chemical anchors
- Seismic design to AS 5216:2021
- Design of redundant non-structural systems to AS 5216:2021
- Displacement and rotation of the profile are calculated
- Concrete compression stresses are calculated
- The accuracy of our anchor tension force calculation using elastic base plate methodology with FEA has been verified with laboratory testing and is published in peer reviewed engineering publications.
- The base version of the software has been tested and certified by the Institute of Construction Materials at the University of Stuttgart, Germany.
- 3D FEA gives more accurate and realistic results than 2D FEA
- Independently developed anchor design software without manufacturer/supplier bias
Ease of Use
- Design is made easy with an intuitive interface
- All inputs and results are visible on the same screen, no multiple tabs or screens to flick through.
- Calculation results are updated instantly
- Generate either summary or detailed reports
- Print a single report comparing all anchors
- Print a 3D image of the connection from any angle
AFOS® helps you select the correct anchor option for your connection design. Allfasteners AFOS® anchor design software is complementary and is available to download now.
More About Allfasteners Anchor Design Software
For any questions about AFOS® anchor design software, or anything from our range of anchors. Our Australian based Engineering Team is here to help. Get in touch now.